Tuesday 20 July 2010

The Queen's Meme #45 ~ The What Would You Do Meme

To avoid getting thrown into a dungeon, here's my answers to this week's Queen's Meme

1. You start out on your road trip. You are 90 miles down the road with not a care in the world until you remember you forgot the most important ingredient needed for your vacation. What was it and would you turn around and go back to get it?

Oh no, I've forgotten my girlfriend, and since she's the one of us who can drive, I'm not sure if I'll be even able to turn around. Better step on the brake, oh wait, that's the accelerator; aaaarggghhhh!

2. You are standing in the checkout line at the grocery store. A homeless man walks by and asks for food from your grocery cart. What would you do?

Why's he asking for it before I've bought it? If he takes it now and walks out that'll count as theft. I'd probably explain this to him at such dull pedantic length he'd wander off and choose someone else's food (which will no doubt be a lot nutritionally healthier for him than mine).

3. The mailman delivers the wrong mail. It is your neighbor's. You can't stand your neighbor. You realize that inside the small brown package there must be something very secretive, very intriguing and possibly incriminating. What do you do?

I give it to my neighbor. I might not be able to stand them but that's no reason to open their mail. Besides it might actually be a lethal trap that the neighbor's set up, just knowing that I'd want to open it.

4. Photography Class 101. First exam. The slide show you are presenting is the wrong one. You accidentally left last weekend's party pics in the camera instead. The whole class is watching....

I'd swap the slides back to the correct ones once the class fell asleep. My party pics were pretty dull it has to be said, though forgetting to take the lens cap off improved them no end.

5. You find your boss's wife on Facebook. She is obviously carrying on with another man in blatant fashion and behind his back. What is the first thing that pops into your head when you see your boss the next day at work?

It depends if I'm the man she's carrying on with.

6. Your plane lands in the wrong vacation spot but you like this one better.

I see what the plane people decide. I don't want to anger the rest of the passengers or have the plane abandon me there. Plus I've already booked the hotel elsewhere. It's not as if I can't remember where the neat new place is and go there again sometime.

7. You walk out of the doctor's office. The news after your yearly checkup is very very good but the news for the person you'd been sitting beside and chatting with in the waiting room is very very bad. You see them in the elevator on the way out and they are in tears. You.....

Comfort them, talk to them, try to figure out whether their surname's similar to mine and there hasn't been some hilarious medical mix-up. Maybe I should also have checked whatever they've got isn't contagious.

2 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

"It depends if I'm the man she's carrying on with."

Very funny!

The Gal Herself said...

Love your answers to numbers 2 and 6. You're a very reasonable man!